FACT: 51 per cent of women and girls in Canada will experience physical or sexual assault at some point in their lives.
This is unacceptable.
Nor is this a women’s issue. It is a man’s issue.
We are fathers, grandfathers, brothers, uncles, sons and friends.
Our goal: eliminate violence against women.
We invite the men and boys of Dufferin Caledon to sign the pledge never to commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women.
ABOUT THE HEADWATERS WHITE RIBBON COMMITTEE
The Headwaters White Ribbon Committee is a volunteer committee. Its members include:
- Pete Renshaw, Past Chair of the Board at Family Transition Place
- Adrian Bita, Accounting Manager, RJ Burnside & Associates New
- Steve Bunyan, RMT, Bodhi Wellness, Bolton New
- Michael Horton, Robert F. Hall Catholic Secondary School New
- Blair Russell, Treasurer, Family Transition Place
- John Shillum, OPP Major Crimes Unit (Ret.)
- Dave Quinton of the Ontario Provincial Police (retired)
- Mike Walmsley, High School Principal (Ret.), Board of Directors, Family Transition Place
- Joe Andrews, Humber Orangeville Campus
- Tony Maxwell, President of Headwaters Media Inc.
- Travis Greenley, Youth Education Coordinator, Family Transition Place, and
- Norah Kennedy, Executive Director, Family Transition Place.
- Copy & Art Direction: Liesje Doldersum, Sprout Advertising and Design
- Photography (2012): Stacey Tarrant, Embrace Photography
- Photography (2013): Pete Paterson, petepaterson.com
Mike Walmsley, Chair
Pete Renshaw, Past Chair
Tony Maxwell (Media Contact)